The Importance of Logistics When Shipping Internationally
1 minute to read
Logistics is a fundamental part of international shipping; efficient management of logistics can make the whole process much easier and smoother for all parties involved.
With that in mind, our sister company in the UK, Hemisphere Freight Services Ltd, put together this quick-fire guide to shipping internationally, including:
- What you should look for in logistics providers
- What Incoterms are and why you need to know them
- What you need to know about customs procedures
- How to pack appropriately
- What Bills of Lading are and why you need them
- The insurance you need for international shipping
Hopefully these slides will give you a better understanding of what international shipping involves and how to ship safely with a suitable logistics provider.
This presentation was first shown at Going Global in November 2018. Download an expanded PDF version here.
Please get in touch with a member of the team for further guidance or to discuss your logistics requirements.